faith

Now Faith is the Substance of things Hoped for,
The Evidence of things Unseen...

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Mornings, Ick.


Have I ever mentioned that I despise mornings? I really think I am allergic to them. Thanks to my brilliance on having house dogs, I now get to enjoy each morning on about three hours sleep. If I'm lucky, which isn't most mornings, I can go back to the recliner in the air conditioning and grab a little more rest before my day begins. However, on some mornings- like today- there's no going back. BUT, before I get started on the mountain of tasks that is before me today, I decided I'm going to actually sit down and enjoy my cup of coffee.
*
Kitchen window sills... they are like an ever changing collage of interesting stuff. This was my sill in March. Amazingly, that scraggly basil is still holding on. That's all that is the same except for that odd jar of spent matches. I reckon I ought to get rid of those since we won't be having a fire in the fireplace as the birds have totally wrecked the chimney. Now I have a cool old glass bottle I found in the garden, a couple of pretty/interesting rocks, a struggling aloe plant in a cracked teacup, a viney plant that I couldn't name for the life of me, and another pretty, yet broken, teacup.
I notice that when I go to folks' houses the window above the kitchen sink is usually filled with happy stuff. Maybe we do that to make the dishes more enjoyable, although I've noticed that most people with dishwashers do the same thing. Here, it's one of two windows that the cats avoid. I wonder if I'd have all the sills occupied if the cats could be trusted...
*
And yea, I'm letting the kids sleep in. We've got a list of chores as long as my arm and I figure they'll need their rest. And no, I didn't plant that broccoli yesterday.
*
You know, if we had at least one hospitable river bank around here, I'd be so happy. All of them are steep rocks or cut-off banks or tangled brush. It'd be nice to have a decent wading spot or at least someplace one could dip his or her feet in without worrying about snakes, poison oak, or spiders climbing up one's trousers' leg. As it is, the rivers are so pretty to look at and to put amazing amounts of humidity in the air, but not so much on the getting in. :-)
*
And woo-hoo! we got all the dogs really long walks in last night while DH was out on a 'preacher call'- he gets quite a few of those. People don't care if he's currently got a preaching position or not. When trouble hits, they call him- and I think it's wonderful. He's good in a crisis and has a strong, steady presence- comforting- and a very down-to-earth way about him that has endeared him to a lot of folks. I love it that God will use whom God will use, regardless who people think He ought to be using. It is one of the things He has done with our family since moving us to this side of the county.
*
And my FIL is doing some better, thanks all who have been praying for him and my MIL.
*
Ok, well, this cup of coffee is about gone and I need to get the rest of the dogs fed and watered. And get up the apples, and the corn, and finish the laundry, and put the dishes up, and ... well, you get the picture. I just wish it wasn't so all-fired hot! Have a great day, everyone!!
Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment