faith

Now Faith is the Substance of things Hoped for,
The Evidence of things Unseen...

Monday, August 9, 2010

Dog Days in More ways than One!
















As I brush the fur from my keyboard, I am reminded that I was the one who brought all these fun, fun mutts home! So, now we have 6 dogs, 2 cats, and a few low-maintenance fish. :-) And I wanted to add chickens to the lot! What was i thinking??!! I reckon it wouldn't be so bad if there weren't two of them being potty trained at once (the smallest two have been decided to be housedogs). And what with the garden being in full swing, and a dh who likes a clean, clean house- life's just gotten really time consuming since June.
So, after it cools a bit, it's time to get out the rest of the dissapointing corn crop and plant some BROCCOLI in its place. Muwahahahaa!!! DS will cringe, but DD needs it for her wee arthritic hands. And it's actually pretty cool to be able to get two sets of crops in one season. My gardening buddy is stuck in the VA Hospital for the next couple of months, so it's all on me- NEED prayers!!! The kids got their first try at gleaning (where gardening bud harvested his taters and left a bunch over for us), and they had a blast. It was nice not being 'one man alone' up there in the garden for a change. DH was watching the puppies for us, so we had a break to work. (insert flat-look here)
Yep, I am SO looking forward to winter. I may actually have time to read before 5 in the AM- and might just get a page or two in before passing out in exhaustion!
Wee lad, Josiah, has aggressive cancer that is inoperable. The injections they want to give him have a 50% chance of killing him, the cancer has a higher chance than that if left alone. He's only 8. PLEASE, PLEASE pray for him and his family.
OK. Time to read Bible with mis ninos. (We do it in English and Spanish for the 1st reading, and evenings it's English and German- call it summer school.)
Hop Hop Hop
Oh, and for family veiwing, non-insulting and super-cool- MERLIN (the TV show done by folks in G Britain and France) it's available for watching instantly thru Netflix. I really think Lori's kids would like it. (even if I am a broccoli traitor).
love, hugs, and kisses!!
God bless y'all!!
Rose




No comments:

Post a Comment