faith

Now Faith is the Substance of things Hoped for,
The Evidence of things Unseen...

Friday, October 17, 2008

Put God First- He'll Take Care of the Rest


Today was a good day.
I was reminded last night as I was so overwhelmed with my to-do list that there is a simple formula that has never failed me in all the years since I met Jesus for real:
***************************************
Put God First
and He will
Take care of
the Rest
***********************************
So, after waking up to my very cool ringtone (Dvorak's New World Symphony- thanks, Verizon!), I decided to try this whole thing again.
And, yes- it still works. We had a very loving, productive day, homeschool and college went great, and I also got a couple of Avon orders- thanks, God!!- and listened to that same Symphony all the way through while we ran errands. Lovely! Pretty blue sky, beautiful mountains, changing leaves, and green, green grass. Sigh...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, is it just me or was anyone else having trouble concentrating during the debate last night? Politics. Hmm. Balanced on the edge of a knife, this country is (as dear Yoda would say). Ok, enough about that. Less than a month will see it. My son asked me if we'd ever had a dead even tie. Now, that would be interesting...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll get the hang of this BLOG yet. Honest! My Aunt Judi has the most wonderful backgrounds for hers, but I can't find anything like that yet. At least it's less confusing than Facebook.
Speaking of Aunt Judi... she gave us these WONDERFUL science books. Oh, yea. LOVE THEM! And the kids just pick them up and read them for fun. I love homeschool. So much better than "other school". I like the quest for knowledge, the love of wisdom, and the actual enjoyment of learning. What a blessing!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
The picture above is one of my daughter's favorite pieces of art. I'm not sure of the artist, but it's Mozart and his wife just before he died. He was composing Requiem. Beautiful!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And for my Really Cool Anonymous People section:
***************************************************
Tonight's guest is Brother So 'n So!
Brother So 'n So is a really, really cool person. He is a teacher and preacher. He has been through an amazing amount of grief and strife, yet still shines the light and love of Jesus in a gentle and loving way. If you have a question about scripture, Brother So 'n So is the person to ask. He is really quite a lot like my Grampa Carl. He has some pretty impressive ancestors, too. He also has an appreciation for redbud trees, bagpipes, and real history. How cool is that???
^^^
So, let's say a "Thank You, Lord!" for letting us know this blessed Christian. And may we all pray that God would bless him and his loved ones and encourage their spirits- by way of saying thanks for being a faithful servant of God through such hard times.
^^^
Thank you!!!
^^^
a note about the Really Cool Anonymous People section. Names have been changed to protect the innocent. These are real people that need real prayers. No deceased people will be mentioned in this section because their names do not need to be protected anymore. There may be a section later for these people as they deserve an honourable mention also.
^^^^^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, it's time for the bedtime literature and Bible class. We're reading about Corrie Ten Boom, the Great Depression, and Grimm's Fairy Tales (probably why the word "Grim" is Grim). In Bible it's the 2nd installment of the day, so it's the Idiot's Guide to the Bible and Proverbs. A happy way to end the day!
Blessings!!!!
Rose

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are using those Science books. Wish I had more to give to you, but with two of my own children home-schooling I've run dry.

    Last night there was a "roast" and McCain did sooooo much better than Obama, and you could see the steam coming out of Obama's ears! What fun. McCain finally did something right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com and you will be able to get the backgrounds I use. Also, blogspot has a couple of nice backgrounds. But Lori and I use the cutest blog on the block backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I've got it on there now. You're the BEST!!!!!
    (((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))

    ReplyDelete