faith

Now Faith is the Substance of things Hoped for,
The Evidence of things Unseen...

Friday, October 10, 2008

A Beautiful Day


Hi, again! Ah, the lovely autumn. Warm days and crisp nights... what's not to love?
I got most of my baking and cooking done last night- worked until 8 this morning, but with good results. The kids are tired of catering and are looking forward to Sunday when it'll all be done and they'll have Mama back. ;-) I am, too. Maybe after they're grown, but for now...
The Clone Wars cartoon is pretty cool. Scifi Friday, a lovely routine.
Oh, we also like Dickens and Homer. I didn't put them on my book list. And I agree with my Aunt, Jane Austen is pretty good, too.
"Willoughby... grrowl, grrumble, grrummble", as we say around here. And of course, who could forget the Bard? Shakespeare is ultimate and soooo much FUN without English teachers lousing up his plays.
Busy day scheduled for tomorrow. Mama's supposed to come up for a short visit (YAY!) and then we're over to the hall to set up at 4. I just hope I have enough food. 16 quarts of chili and the cobbler weighs close to 15lbs...
The rechargable batteries for my digital camera won't recharge anymore, so the picture above is an older one. But, days like that one are what I live for. Peaceful, uncomplicated, no rushing around- just enjoying family, our critters, and the great outdoors. We like to sing hymns when we walk- it gets us looked at funny sometimes, but it is very enjoyable. And it just seems like the thing to do. Out in the peaceful countryside, it's easy to see some of what God had in mind when He created this planet.
Well, I reckon I'd best get back to the last bits of cooking. Have a lovely weekend, all!
Rose

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted you to know that I check your BLOG everyday. Glad you're doing this. How did your visit with your mom and dad go on Saturday?

    It was so good to see you and your children again. Such beautiful children you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It went great! Thanks for asking.

    It was great to see you, too! I wish we could see you more- I learn so much from you.

    I love you!!!!

    JRS

    ReplyDelete