faith

Now Faith is the Substance of things Hoped for,
The Evidence of things Unseen...

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Another Day in the Life


Well, the catering went great! I'm glad it's done, though. Now back to life and all that goes with it. I think for Thanksgiving and Christmas, we'll be doing a pot-luck... that's what I'm suggesting... and open it up to the folks of the community for free- well advertised, etc. with music and prizes, gifts at Christmas for the kids. Pray it works out.
Today was pretty great so far. We went to a mini-farm and fed chickens & goats. There are many, many types of chickens! These were smart and friendly- the lady who keeps them has really tamed them. The kids had a good time.
The picture was from when the kids and me were "playing" Homer's Iliad. You see Hector walking toward the camp after a greuling battle with one of the Ajax boys. "Homer" took the picture ;-). Ajax is in the background somewhere- recovering from his injuries- or running away (heehee). Our sword & spear fights get pretty intense. It's a great way to incorporate PE into Literature and Drama. Ah, Unit Studies...
So, people are pretty worried about the economy, the elections, and the state of the nation. Get praying, is what I say. If we put 1/100th of the time into praying about it as we do fussing about it, we'd see a major and positive change in our country. But, that's all for my soap-box. We all know...
A word about my folks. My dad is super smart and is pastor. He'd do well in politics, I think- he just has that charisma and real problem-solving skills. There would be no "change" without a definition attached- he'd analyze the problem and find the best solution for it- no reason to blindly follow here, and I've no doubt he'd get very real results that everyone could see.
And my mom is one of the sweetest people alive on the planet. She's like the embodiment of Christ's love. She actually LIVES the Golden Rule. She's super smart and beautiful inside and out and has a great sense of humor.
I think I have some of the very best parents a girl could ask for. They've both taught me a lot.
Good night, all!
Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment