faith

Now Faith is the Substance of things Hoped for,
The Evidence of things Unseen...

Friday, October 10, 2008

Catering?? What was I thinking?


Oh, yes. As if I did not have enough to do, I volunteered- that's right- volunteered to cater a harvest party. The amount of guests was supposed to be around 35, but then I heard it was advertized on the local cable channel. The musicians I'm "helping out" say they're not sure how many will be there now, "better plan for a bunch". No problem, but I live in a little country house with a little country kitchen and cupcakes have taken over my dining room. My fridge is the usual size and my freezer is full of grapes that are waiting to be made into jelly. But that's typical for me, I guess. If it wasn't like "Dinner Impossible", I probably wouldn't be doing it.

The picture is of Google, by the way. He is part of the family along with Mike and Greeney, their wives and kids. No, I'm not completely crazy, these guys take on a life of their own. %)

Some background? Hmm. I grew up in "Mayberry". I'm a homeschool mom, college student, homemaker, and Avon Lady. I go to an awesome church (yes, I said 'awesome') and hang out with little old ladies a lot. I personally think they're the best- tied with little kids for most interesting company besides my family. And how I love, love, love my family!

Oh, I'm on Facebook- about once every 6 weeks. It's confusing and I'm not crazy about it- AT ALL- but, it's the only place I know I can get ahold of my kinfolks. I don't see how they have time, but they're on there nearly every day. I hope I can make more time to blog. My Aunt Judi brought it out in me- just as she did with the homeschooling thing. It turned out so well, I reckoned I'd try blogging, too. We'll see how it goes.

Oh, for the curious... the musicians want:

chili, shephers'd pie,bbq weenies, pigs in blankets, hotwings, chips w/dip & dalsa, veggie platter, crackers & cheese platter, 300 cupcakes, strawberry cobbler, and 300 big cookies. I think I got it all...

Well, TTFN! I'm off to bake some more!

Rose

4 comments:

  1. Jen: I added your BLOG link to my BLOG Runnemede Remembered. Do you read The Fat Lady Singeth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennie (that's who I will always know you as)!! :-) I saw on Aunt Judi's blog that you had started a blog of your own. How terrific! I'll be so excited to see how you and your family are doing. Welcome to lovely world of blogging!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to check that one out, Aunt Judi. Whose blog is it?
    Hi, Lori!!
    Thanks for dropping by, y'all!!
    Jenn Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the BLOG The Fat Lady Singeth! It's sooo funny!

    ReplyDelete