faith

Now Faith is the Substance of things Hoped for,
The Evidence of things Unseen...

Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Labor Day

Image courtesy of Yahoo! Images

One good thing about having to wake up early to take care of puppies is getting to see the mass of Morning Glories that are on the bank in front of the house. Mine are prettier than this- they're all colours. I just need to locate my camera and get a few pics of them.
*
For folks who have hair that is neither curly nor straight and has the annoying habit of frizzing all over the place in anything over 2% humidity: try Aussie haircare products. They're the only thing I've found that can withstand the weather, and they smell good, too. I use their Repair shampoo, the spray on, leave in conditioner and the Sprunch Spray. Also, the bottles are a really pretty purple... ;-)
*
What's wrong with me? I am finding that I actually like Mondays! I'm worried. I've been a Monday hater my whole life. Now all of the sudden, I find myself getting up early and liking it. Looking forward to the massive amount of work there is to do... I must be coming down with something. Yep. (((shudder))))
*
Please pray for the salvation of my neighbor and her boyfriend and that God will use us to be a light and a blessing where He has put us. Also, please pray for the girl's grandparents who are having extreme health problems. Thanks!!
*
What's GREAT about having a garden is that you can share food with those in need even if you've not got a penny to your name. God is sooooo good!!
*
Well, school starts tomorrow. I still do not know which park or trail we're going to hit for our first field trip... but it's a tradition with us to do a nature-y type thing on the first day. There's a place called Carter's Park someplace nearby that supposedly has a lot of ducks. I'll have to get better directions and maybe that's where we'll go. I'm looking forward to all of it- even the additional craziness of trying to fit in hours of bookwork to an already jam-packed learning schedule. And we SO had agriculture class this summer. PHEW.
*
The homemade apple juice is coming along messily, but well. I'm still freezing everything. I reckon it's because Mum blew up a pressure cooker when I was a kid that I'm soooo leery about using my pressure canner. But juice can be done in an open bath one- unfortunately, my open bath canner is what I'm cooking my apples down in... Well, there's still room in the freezer... but I may try to can it anyway. Got to go foraging again. I bet that crab apples would make some good candy and the juice is a such a lovely colour.
*
I know this is all disjointed and non-poetic, but the dogs are being really loud and distracting. I guess I'd better get back to work. I hope everyone has a GREAT holiday and especially Mum. God bless!!!
-Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment