faith

Now Faith is the Substance of things Hoped for,
The Evidence of things Unseen...

Monday, September 6, 2010

Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree



I figured I'd post it as it's been going thru my head all apple season. My gramma used to sing it (Gramma Buddy) and I never forgot it. She used to be a USO girl- that's how she met my grampa in WWII. Coffee and doughnuts for our boys in blue. And even better, it's a Glenn Miller song. If you've not watched Jimmy Stewart's Glenn Miller Story (a movie) you oughtta. It's wonderful. Even my modern day teens really liked it. There was just something about that time. I wouldn't mind it if we recycled the 40s- but it's like the decades since Israel's founding just keep on in an endless loop. Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting annoyed that the late 60s and 70s seem to have the most facetime. ;-) Ah, the theories one comes up with when the sun has beat on one's head for hours in a bean patch.
*
Well, I'm going to check on the spaghetti. I decided to try to can the juice after lunch. Wish me luck!!
-Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment