faith

Now Faith is the Substance of things Hoped for,
The Evidence of things Unseen...

Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Request of Aunt J and Uncle M

(image of the Louvre from Yahoo! Images, 2009)

Hee hee. Since I do not know anyone's email addresses and my FB acct has been shut down b/c of a persistant stalker-type (ick, and shudder), I will make my request here in the BLOG. Cool, hu?

Ok, Aunt J and Uncle M, if y'all have Grampa's old research notes, notebooks, etc, can you please make a copy of them for me and my daughter? We will be happy to pay any expenses it takes, (you just have to let me know how much) I should have enough sometime in the middle of October.
We went out to his grave today and planted some ivy like y'all used to have around the big tree in the front yard. My daughter read Psalm 2, which he requested I read to him several times the last time I saw him in hospital. And we cleaned the stone up where the birds have been at it. I thought Gramma would smile that the birds have been hanging out with Grampa. I had the opportunity to share all I knew about her with someone who thought very highly of Grampa and wanted to know about "his Rose". Lemme tell ya, that blessed me so much! And it blessed the person I was talking with, too.
Anyway, I know we would really appreciate it and would use the materials happily and with all our hearts. We want to make them proud and since we were able to spend so little time with them, this way we can get to know Grampa at least some better.
**
Well, we've been traveling all about on various field trips. We went to one wedding and I got to take the pictures for it :-). I love that look the bride and groom get- they hear the preacher, but only have eyes for eachother- that sweet tenderness that is so the picture of Christ and His bride. He will look at us that way one day! :-) We still haven't made it back to the Wolf Creek Indian Village, but we are really looking forward to going back there to experience all of the seasons on their beautiful trails.
It's been really rainy lately. I'm still waiting for the ground to dry out enough to dig my taters up. Well, the Irish used to do it in October, so maybe I shall as well. :-)
Pray for Mama. She's kinda down lately. She's too precious to feel bad like this.
And, joy of joys! We were able to visit the old church I wrote about (it's where Grampa is resting). And it was truly wonderful! What a blessing that old place is. I'm hoping that Mama and my sister in law will go with me to a gospel singing on Saturday. It ought to be fun.
God help us all to get on the same sheet of music. All His people in harmony: voices and instruments together for His glory with Him leading the symphony and choir. Let us shine a clear, true light for Him in these dark days.
Again I recommend http://www.livingwaters.com for every single Christian. Listen to "Hell's Best Kept Secret". You will not regret it. And God please protect and keep your people Israel, wherever in the world they are.
Apparently some Turkish Muslim is helping the Sanhedrin try to get the Temple built along on the mount with the Mosque. The Muslims are supposed to have a prophecy that their Great Caliph will make himself known from the Jewish Temple. And this well respected Turkish author is trying to show the naysayers that it's necessary to build the temple. Interesting. I do want the Israelis to be able to have their temple again. I do not understand what the problem is- it's their country! Let the "international community" go pound sand.
Well, God bless you, dear readers. And Aunt J and Uncle M, (or Lori- can you pass it along?) thanks ahead of time. And Uncle M- congrats on your great big church!! Praise God!!!! I'm so glad for you, my dear one. Please give Aunt S a big hug from us. The kids still have their beanie babies and still love them. God willing we'll be able to take a trip and see all of y'all. Pray for us because we miss you a great deal. Cool beans- maybe we can see Lori and her adorable young'uns, too- and Beck, and... Oh, Lord- make it possible!!
God is so unbelievably good! May He use us to share the good news with others every day. How can we keep it to ourselves? God bless all of His preachers and faithful ones, and draw back to Himself those who have strayed. In Jesus' Name.
ttfn
:-)

2 comments:

  1. I'll pass the word along, since dad's not on the computer much. And, if you are ever up to see mom and dad, we'll definitely come out. :-) Just give us a heads up! Hope your mom's feeling better and not so down. Tell her we said hi. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Rosie, I don't have his notes. I had some, but passed them on to either my brother or my son. I can't remember which one, probably my brother.

    I don't think they were very useable. I couldn't make heads or tails out of them and that's why I passed them along.

    Hope you all are well. Take care. J

    ReplyDelete