faith

Now Faith is the Substance of things Hoped for,
The Evidence of things Unseen...

Friday, September 25, 2009

Just Passing Through

I was just passing through and wanted to say hey to all of y'all. God is so good!
Thanks, Lori :-)
The kids and I are really praying that we'll be able to see y'all. My son especially is anxious to meet his fellow club members. ;-) And thanks for passing it along.
As far as Grampa's notes being crazy- I can relate. I have often told my daughter that her job will probably be a lot like Christopher Tolkien's was if I pass on before she does. Stories in many different books, research all scattered in with notes from church and Bible college, to do lists mixed with journal entries and partially written letters... I can imagine quite well, from the way his stuff used to be scattered out that his notes were all a jumble, too.
It wouldn't matter to us if we couldn't figure them out- if we could just spend some time going through them, it would be like being near him again. After all, he was rather quiet when he was researching or studying. ;-) We'll bring my son in or call my brother when we need some corny jokes for a break.
If they can be found, as I said, I'd be more than willing to pay for a copy so if uncle or cousin has them, please pass my request along.
Thanks, ladies! You're the BEST!!! And may God BLESS you for it!! :-)
Well, I'd better get back to what I'm supposed to be doing just now.
ttfn
Rose
PS thanks, Aunt J for calling me Rosie, that was so sweet and it meant a lot to me. I'm weird, I know- but it's the little things...
xoxox
PPS
If any of you have Netflix, you can watch the movie online. It's called Jodhaa Akbar and it is a really great movie, made in India & takes place in the 1500s. If I taught humanities in college, I'd assign this movie. It would have fit right in with my last class on the subject. ;-) Just passing it along. And if anyone ever makes a movie from Eddings' Mallorean, the lead actor would be perfect for Kal Zakath.
R

1 comment:

  1. I found a couple more high school science books from a Christian perspective. I'll get them to your mom when she comes to visit.

    Mt. Calvary 100th anniversary reunion is next year. They want all the Drexlers to be there. I'll let you know the exact date as soon as I get it. I think one year is a good amount of time for us all to set the date so we can all be together again. God willing.

    ReplyDelete