faith

Now Faith is the Substance of things Hoped for,
The Evidence of things Unseen...

Monday, July 6, 2009

Dorkiness


Image courtesy of Yahoo! Images.
So, I was wondering... as we travel through life, do we ever get past having moments of extreme dorkiness? "Pride cometh before a fall" and the bad thing is that it so easily sneaks up on one. It's not until one lands in a mud puddle (or in a corner with a dunce cap on) that one realizes that there was a pride issue even there. ICK.
So, I won't bore you with the details about just how I've been a dork. I'll just ask all of you delightful folks to please pray for me and mine. We truly desire to follow God's will for our lives. I as the wife and mum am supposed to be guiding the home as my husband leads it. Yea, well, I don't do such a great job of that most times. I forget my gear (including navigational charts and that thing that checks for reefs). But, each new day is a new chance to let the good Lord guide me aright- a new day to listen to Him instead of my own flawed equipment.
I agree with the Apostle Paul that it'll be a good day when we're in heaven and do not have to worry any longer about our flesh getting in our way. (our flesh being our flawed humanity, FYI.)
Heaven's going to be good for so many reasons- and it'll be better than the best thing we can imagine. And I can imagine quite a bit of good. :-) "Oh, happy day," as my Grampa Carl used to say.
God bless all of His people everywhere and their respective lands with revival and awakening.
Rose
***
After reading the Thoene's blog, I realized I'd forgotten something. http://biblegateway.com will be added to my links list and here's something to think about:
***
Jeremiah 15:19-21
19Therefore thus saith the LORD, If thou return, then will I bring thee again, and thou shalt stand before me: and if thou take forth the precious from the vile, thou shalt be as my mouth: let them return unto thee; but return not thou unto them.
*
20And I will make thee unto this people a fenced brasen wall: and they shall fight against thee, but they shall not prevail against thee: for I am with thee to save thee and to deliver thee, saith the LORD.
*
21And I will deliver thee out of the hand of the wicked, and I will redeem thee out of the hand of the terrible
.
Special thanks to the Thoenes for all the bravery they have in putting God's word out there. They are truly salt and light in this world. Our prayers are with them and Sarah Palin.

No comments:

Post a Comment