faith

Now Faith is the Substance of things Hoped for,
The Evidence of things Unseen...

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Miscelaneous Pictures that Should be OK with TWP: So, I like to live dangerously sometimes...


Ok, so, here's to living dangerously. Muwahahahaaaaa! FYI, most of these are from our old place and are from before my camera broke. To the left is our oldest son M. He is really a great person and is currently serving our country to keep America safe and free. The girl is a friend of his. Anyway, I am really glad to have a son like M. He does his Mama proud, and that's saying something in this day and age.



Here to the right is Main Street Wytheville, Virginia. Oh, yea! I LOVE this town. It is really one of the wonderful places to raise a family. The old roots live here- like the philosophies of the Founders (AKA Founding Fathers) and many of the old ways still survive.
To the left (if the whole things hasn't gotten mixxy by posting time) is from one of Wytheville's parks. And below is one of the truly beautiful VA Hospitals. It's located in Salem, Virginia and has been our home-away-from-home over the years.







Last year's Irises. Beautiful- but this year's are even prettier. And below is my husband J. with our grandson E. who is a toddler now and ever so cute!











Left is an older pic of my dad and grandad taken at Pilot Mountain (Mount Pilot to all you AG Fans). Judging by the hair it was the late 70's early 80's.
Below and left is our precious daughter M. and her husband P. on their honeymoon.

















This blurry pic is from a joint birthday party that my brother J. and husband J. had a couple of years ago- the toilet seat is Brother J's 30th birthday present. Handpainted by yours truly. I imagine it will puzzle the archaeologists of the future... And the left pic is me with one of our dogs and reminds me that I need to get on the TotalGym a little later.





























Our granddaughter J. SWEETIE!!! She just had a birthday and also now has a baby brother.













Our kids K and J walking to dogs on a beautiful day last summer. And below is the sky over Surry County, NC from the Low Gap area.




















Ghost Mom picture. The kids determined that since I took all the pics and wasn't in any of them that it was like Ghost Mom and they determined to take various unflattering and/or blurry pictures of me to make up for it. Gee, I wonder if that's why my camera broke...

















Lastly, our daughter J and her husband T and their daughter A. My father in law is in the background- it's not a floating head. This was with the "new" camera which doesn't work so well.







Ok, so there you have it. I actually posted pictures that I don't really intend to take off in an hour. We'll see how it works out. Thanks to everyone for the encouragement. And, now it's time for supper so BLOG out.
God Bless America and Israel and all of the former British Empire.
xoxoxo
Rose



3 comments:

  1. Ok, it got all mixxy!grrr. I'll get the hang of pictures eventually. I love y'all!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your pictures and commentary.I love reading about families.
    I was in mount Airy this afternoon with a son & grandson.We ate supper at Libby Hills .
    Of course I over ate .Flounder and Calabash Shrimp. yummy.
    It wasn't raining there like it was at top of the mountain in Hillsville.
    Elsie <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to eat at Libby Hills every year for my husband's grandmother's birthday. You're right- yummy! It was always a special treat & so much fun with all the family there. ;-)

    ReplyDelete