faith

Now Faith is the Substance of things Hoped for,
The Evidence of things Unseen...

Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Way to Help


Hi, folks :-)

I know that it is hard for any of us to put together any money to send to people in need. But, most of us have clothes and old toys and other things we are not using. I have the address of the ministry center in India if anyone is interested in helping them out. They have need of pencils and what we'd think of school supplies, clothes, and toys for the orphaned kids. Candles are also appreciated since there are a lot of power outages and the kids are having to eat in the dark often.

Now, we jaded Americans are always on the skepticism because we've had so many con-men prey on us falsely in the name of charity, but this minister and his family have been faithful to correspond and pray for us in spite of the fact that over the last 10 years all I've been able to send them is a total of $20. Con-men are not going to waste time that way, and especially are not going to bother to have pictures of themsleves with the lepers and kids and the tribal peoples consistently over the years. And I have watched the ministry team through pictures age and get thinner as the times have hardened.

So, if anyone is interested, send me a note in my comments with your email or another way to contact you and I will get you the address where you can send any supplies you have just gathering dust in storage. If anyone would like to send financial support, I have that info, too. And if nothing else, please just pray for these people as you would want to be prayed for if you were in the same situation.

If you are not a Christian, consider that in the parts of India that JCIM ministers to the government does not take care of the sick and orphaned; it is the Christians who are taking care of them- for free. A gift to the orphans would go to help the orphans, and likewise a gift to the lepers or the other sick folks. It is a tragedy to be burned out of your home no matter what your religion and even more of a tragedy when those who are trying to help you are being hunted down. An outfit for a child costs maybe $8.00 at Walmart and you can get a teddy bear at the Dollar Tree, so what's ten bucks or so? Or get the clothes from a thrift shop and the entire donation including postage should be under $10.


Anyone who has followed my blog knows that this is not something I do often. Follow the links to the side if you'd like, (JCIM, A Ministry to India) and get in touch with them yourself. God will bless you for even a cup of cool water that you give in Jesus' Name, so please at least pray for these poor folks.

Thanks BUNCHES!!!!

Rose

1 comment:

  1. I am just getting around to updating my blog and checking on blogs I used to read often. So I am just now reading this post. What kinds of things are they looking for over in India? I have some kids' books in decent shape and some preschool-sized clothes I am getting rid of. Is that something they could use? If oyu have some info, please drop me an email. I'll help if I can

    ReplyDelete