faith

Now Faith is the Substance of things Hoped for,
The Evidence of things Unseen...

Monday, April 19, 2010

Thankful Things

picture of interior of a church in Bavaria

Well, I figured after I was done with college, I'd get better about blogging. Nope. It seems that I developed a strong dislike for anything doing on my computer. I don't think I've checked my email since February.
*
Well, the young'uns and myself are finally about over all the sickness that hit us so hard this past winter. Now we 'rebuild' and try so that things don't take so blamed much out of us. A trip to town plumb wears us out! But, I'm thankful that we can go into town. Galax is an interesting place, so we've been exploring about over there. And man oh man! Woodlawn has such beautiful views- it was a blessing driving all around trying to find a church that was open on Sunday night. We found one way down a back road that had a really pretty creek just behind it.
*
The young'uns are getting hungry, so this will have to be quicker than I intended. We went through my comic book collection while we were sick and now the children are making their own comic books and frequenting a shop that carries used comics for a dollar. :-) That has been fun. They both have such an individuality to their style. We'll try to get some of the finished products up on here or on another blog we may be starting just for our fanfiction- I'll let y'all know.
*
The new baby green leaves are so whispery tonight- lovely!
Have a blessed day. and remember
Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God-
so Read your Bibles and see what a blessing you might just get. It rather puts so many of the troubles of today in perspective.
ttfn
Rose

3 comments:

  1. Comics for a $1? They used to be a dime!

    I hope you have a better Spring than you did Winter. I know how long it took me to get over bronchitis. I stopped coughing, but the energy level was way low for several weeks. I didn't think I'd ever get back to my normally low energy level, if you get my drift.

    Now, we're getting ready for the family reunion in Runnemede. You're all invited, you know. Just let me know so I can get you set up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not kidding! My bronchitis morphed into bronchiopneumonia (or however it's spelled) and it has been HORRIBLE trying to get all better from it.
    We're trying VERY hard to make it up to the reunion- get my number from Mama and give me a call one evening if you can.
    And yea- used comics are $1- the new ones are 4-5$$ each and most have to be 'edited for content/language' these days. But, that's what moms are for, yea?
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know you and Jim and the children can stay for free in your grandparent's home. You'll have to sleep on an air mattress and the children will need sleeping bags, but it's free and there will be four other families there, so it would be a fun time if you're up for it.

    ReplyDelete