faith

Now Faith is the Substance of things Hoped for,
The Evidence of things Unseen...

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Saint Valentine's Day

I love that picture! I loved that tree, too- and these were my favorite people in the world growing up- my brothers and my cousins (Mom's not in this pic, sadly). There's a swimming pool and a high fence where this used to be. :-( We used to love playing in all the backyards- it was mostly older people on our street back then and it seemed to us that we had a whole world in those back yards. Rick's in the top branch, Ted and Jamie are on the lower one, Timmy is on the swing, and Jake is standing by the trunk. I'm in the middle. Thanks to whichever of you put this on Facebook- I don't have a copy of it (Mum... if there are any, please copy them for me!)
*
Happy Saint Valentines Day!! And for those of you who observe Lent, I'm pretty sure it starts on Wednesday. :-)
*
I'm having my DH build me a Tardis where it can be seen from the road- I may use it as the entryway for my greenhouse (he says he's determined to build me one dear old thing!). It'll be GREAT! And some will wonder and some will KNOW... heehee
*
I'm with Aunt Judi, I don't know that the older version of Emma could be improved upon- they did such a great job with it and the characters were portrayed so well. Cranford was so good. BBCAmerica's shop has Return to Cranford and the final 10th Doctor specials, too. Unfortunately there has been a run on the action figures- the main thing my DD wanted for her birthday- they're really hard to find (not sold out) for sale in America. I think that if we can get so much of everything from China, we ought to be able to get stuff from the British Isles without all the fuss. But, that's just me- I'd rather have things that were made here, in the British Isles, or even Europe- free places- and the duties ought to be just as cheap as they are for China.
*
And I will not even go into all the conspiracy theories concerning the government and the power companies. All I can say is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*
And totally oops on the fact that there are supposed to be no parties during Lent. I would have scheduled them all earlier- if I could! But, we don't exactly do the reveling thing, so it should be okay. And big, duh moment on me. Week of unleavened bread and Passover coming up and what do I do but buy a big pack of yeast for my bread machine. I reckon I'll ask Mum to keep it for me till it's all over- that and anything else that has yeast in it- food prices are to high just to chuck it all out. We've got till the end of March, but I just don't see making that much bread between now and then. And folks- up close, yeast is truly weird. It looks creepy and slightly sinister. I may be prejudiced since I've had a few Lucy Ricardo experiences with it, but one expects to hear whispery laughter when you open the jar.
*
Even so, Lord Jesus, come quickly.
*
So, the snow has been so beautiful. It's been wonderful to have a real winter again. The fog line on the higher mountains was magical looking- all frosted when the fog lifted- and in a lovely pattern that looked like waves from the sea. (sigh of contentment).
*
Again, I must say- Thank God I'm out of college!
*
Well, I reckon I'd better get on with supper soon. The natives are getting restless.
Yummy recipe (all approximates)

Crush up Nutter Butter cookies and smash down in bottom of pan with melted butter(just enough to lightly coat them)
*
Melt semi-sweet chocolate with a little butter (just a smidge) and some evaporated milk and pour it on top (it should be consistency thick, so it dries crunchy)
*
Blend peanut butter and cream cheese and spread on top of that (I used one package of cream cheese for a layer that was about 1/5" thick)
*
Spread a layer of cool whip, fairly thick
*
In blender, put Jello instant pudding 1 box chocolate, one vanilla and its regular amount of milk
and pour on top
*
put in refridgerator and let set- serve cold
*
That was DS's birthday 'cake'. DH wouldn't try it, but the young'uns and myself thought it was wonderful!
ttfn
Rose

1 comment:

  1. HEHE>....couldn't help but crack up at the "Lucy Ricardo moment"....hehe I know EXACTLY which episode that is..."Pioneer Women." You can tell I'm such a LUCY junky! LOL Oh so funny dear sis! We truly share the same sense of humor. hehe

    ReplyDelete