faith

Now Faith is the Substance of things Hoped for,
The Evidence of things Unseen...

Monday, November 10, 2008

"Who put the Rifle on the Potato Salad?!"


"Who put the rifle on the potato salad?!" That's the kind of question we hear when family comes to call. ;-) See, it was my husband's birthday. His family came up with food, cake, and presents. When the deviled eggs came in squished, one of my daughters had to explain to her aunt that a box was on top of them out in the car. The aunt then exclaimed that the eggs were on the potato salad. Who put the rifle on the potato salad? What were they thinking? Heeheehee. That's life around here- just a little kooky. I wouldn't have it any other way.
**
Birthdays for me and my husband are usually kind of nuts. Tonight I got yet another phone call offering condolences for my Dad passing away. Problem is, he's still very much alive. It's been a little weird. I couldn't find any obituaries on the net for anyone with his name, so I can't imagine how that got started. I made sure I sent him an email telling him what I think about him. Not because of being weirded out by faulty death info, really. Not at all.
**
Determined to stay positive this post, the author steers rapidly away from the subject of the media and politics...
***
So, back to the birthday. It was really a nice visit. One of my grandbabies was there and he's Ever so cute. He loves his Grandpaw and all of us. He's got a really sweet disposition. My husband had asked for this power saw and they gave him a hacksaw for a joke. Later bringing in the power saw and the aforementioned potato salad offender. He was sooo surprised. He didn't think he'd get any gifts, but he got binoculars, too. He's looking forward to hunting now that he's got proper equipment for it.
***********
Well, after a fun filled evening, we relaxed by watching mysteries on Hallmark. That, SciFi Friday, and Food Network are what I'll miss most about cancelling cable. But, these days you gotta cut whatcha can. A lot of things can be watched online now, anyway- I just don't think Good Eats or Iron Chef are on that list... Ah, my priorities these days...
****
I'd better get to story and Bible time with the kids now. We're trying something a little different so as to have time for all the Christmas crafts, pray for me- I need it. School takes up a lot of time, and so does homeschool- but that's different since it's enjoyable. I'll do another family installment soon. For now, you get this one:
**********************
My Dad
My dad is not dead.
I know I've already told about him on here already, but I guess I failed to mention the fact that he's alive. I am thankful that he has touched so many lives that people were genuinely sorry to see him go, but that was in an alternate reality or something, ok? Here, in this one, you get another chance to let him know while he's still with us that you care. Really, that's what we should do: with all the uncertainties in life - let people know what they mean to you. You might not get another chance.
so, to all my kith and kin- I LOVE Y'ALL! You are great! Every one of us is quirky in our own ways, with unique strengths and weaknesses. And every one of you are just simply wonderful! May God BLESS you!!!!
ttfn
Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment